Friday, June 25, 2010

Original "A Street in Rome"

I just finished this painting last night. A few summers back I went on the most wonderful trip to Europe, and exploring the back streets of Rome was a highlight. It seems like no matter where you go, there is something old and gorgeous. On this particular street, this old cathedral glowed like gold. I tried to capture that in this painting, along with the gorgeous light on the passersby. If anyone knows what street this is, I'd LOVE to know! I was too much in a hurry to get the name of the street. (Typical)
The print, original and Giclée are available on www.rachelsstudio.com. Click on the picture to see it on my website!

8 comments:

gh said...

I absolutely love your work, and this latest is amazing.
Excellent, and i like the detailed view. It only seems to get better cloe up!

Linda said...

Lovely! I like the way you captured the light.

DJ said...

YOU GO GIRL !!!
Those figures in the foreground steal the show.

R K said...

Beautiful, loose technique that comes off as totally spontaneous: a pinnacle many strive for but few achieve.

Elizabeth Anderson said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Love this painting! I agree with all of the comments.
My husband and I went to Europe a couple of years ago - Paris then Girona and Barcelona, Spain. I loved the architecture and took many photos. You're painting inspires me to revisit with my brush.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. Your capturing of the transparency of the white dress is exquisite.
Jean

rachelsstudio.com said...

Thank you all! The dress was a bit serendipitous. I was going to make it less see through but then when it got to this stage, it looked really cool, so I just left it.

elena nuez said...

what a beautiful acquarelle!!!
elena from spain