Monday, July 26, 2010

Charleston Battery Art - a new Watercolor Painting

I had the good fortune of finding a gorgeous picture of the battery in Charleston, SC by Bill Read (at www.flickr.com/photos/billread) and the even better fortune of his allowing me to use it. Thanks so much Bill!

This is a study. Once I get it the way I want it, I'll do a big painting. Love the splashes in this one! I think I'll work on the pallete of the battery though : ) Hey, since I like contests and giving away free stuff, send me ideas for titles of the final painting. If I use your title, I'll send you a free print! You can leave a comment here, on Facebook, email me, or air drop it at my house (last option expensive, not recommended)

"1st Study of Charleston and Dolphins"
5.5" x 10.5"

If you'd like to purchase this original, or buy a print, just click on one of the pictures.

3 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Hi Rachel, wow, awesome painting. I like them more, personally, as individual little paintings like you've shown the sections separately. The full one is beautifully done but too busy for my tastes.

..Aditi.. said...

Its beautiful rachel, you may name it "Nature by the city" :) All the best for your future paintings, i love your work.. You've got the perfect sense of art.. God bless..

Joyfulartist said...

Wow, that is a lot of detail but beautifully done. My suggestion is "A Dolphin's View of Charleston"