Thursday, August 05, 2010

Wilmington, NC art - a new original


Since I'm doing a September show in Wilmington, I thought I'd do a few small studies. Here's the first...
3.75" x 10"

Thank you to Hunter Tate for the picture!

It's the end of the summer for me, so I'll probably slow down a bit - I've got several commissions I'm working on and probably won't have a ton of time to do much else. (But I'll try!!!) I've got TONS of ideas for paintings so I'm itching to get several done, so do stay tuned! Thank you everyone who donated for my at-risk children's fund. Watch for the drawing tomorrow night for who will win free paintings for their donations!

3 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Wow, this is beautifully done, Rachel. Love the boat, love it all............

DJ said...

Rachel, Thanks for the comment on my blogpost. I think chalkboard paint is a GREAT idea!!

Just an FYI:
Sara Mincy of Sara's Art House blog is a COLORFUL decorator. She uses poka dots, several bright colors, stripes, and black chalkboard paint throughout her house. If I did it, it would look terrible, but she makes it work.
You may have to go back a couple of pages on her blog to where she was decorating her kitchen, etc. There's a link in my blogroll, if you want to see. No pressure; I just tho't of her when you mentioned the chalkboard paint.

Red Fifty Six said...

Hi Rachel- love your art. Looking for a Wilmington piece for hubby as Christmas gift.