Saturday, August 07, 2010

"A Woman's Thoughts" Original Watercolor on Yupo


I always feel guilty if I take a day off from painting, and I've taken THREE days off!! So, I've been doing a lot of painting today, and this is one of the ones I finished. It started out as an experiment; then I really liked where it was going, so this is one of my few experiments that I decided to finish. It's done on Yupo paper, which is a synthetic, slick paper. It forces me to stay loose because the paint does pretty much what it wants to, unless you REALLY work at it. I like this splashy, carefree look, and I hope to do more along these lines!

"A Woman's Thoughts"
9.5" x 8.5"
Click here to inquire

This is a detail view

PS - My days off entailed going up to the mountains to relax at Grove Park Spa, catch a horse show in Blowing Rock, and explore. My perfect vacation includes good friends...

Gorgeous places...(note waterfalls falling from above)

Funny dogs...


And no Rachel vacation is complete without some beautiful horses...




5 comments:

DJ said...

Beautiful painting...beautiful friends, and awesome vacation...

I haven't been up to Grove Park Inn in about 18 years; is the Spa a new part of that?

rachelsstudio.com said...

DJ - The spa is newer than the original hotel, but I'm not sure when it was built. It's definitely worth the $80 day pass! There are three pools, two hot tubs, a dry heat room, a sauna, munchies, and a gorgeous view of the mountains!

Carol Blackburn said...

Intriguing one, Rachel. Beautifully done. Thanks for sharing your vacation photos, too. :)

Art with Liz said...

We all deserve time off! and what a way to enjoy it. I love the way this painting turned out. I so enjoy the way you've just allowed it to 'be'.

Ann Christine Dennison said...

Beautiful painting :-)